Sunday, April 7, 2013

JCCC3 Cruise Journal / Day 1

When I got back from my vacation two months ago, I wanted to write up my experiences and share my journal right away. But I got sick and life sucked me back in and I wasn't able to overcome that and get back to it. Until now. Posted in real-time fashion, I hope you enjoy reliving JCCC3 with me two months after the fact.

--------

Day 1

[A few last tweets before we left Florida:]




  • JoCo Rock concert!
  • unpacking; scurrying about the ship, checking it out 

The concert was great, as always. Watching JoCo makes my heart so joyous that I want to cry. He is genuine, funny, at ease, welcoming – a marvelous combination in a performer. Everyone is happy to be there, and sing and/or dance and/or just sit and watch, whatever their preference. There are so many “things”: Christian getting sweaty and needing to change his shirts, jokes about Glee, “Arrr” jokes, not needing to tell the crowd how to sing Re: Your Brains (or, from this morning, “Burn!”).

JoCo and the band rockin' out on the first night of the cruise.

I like being familiar with Kate and Jim already. It makes me happy to be with them again. I have so many people and experiences in my life that make me happy, that it feels like I need very special circumstances to remind me how that actually feels.

So far this boat feels as rocky as the last. [Spoiler alert: I never did get seasick, though!]

It's weird to have the window and the balcony this time. I wonder if we'll be able to see the sky out there at night, or if the ship will be too bright. I'd go out now but I'm tired and lazy. [Another spoiler alert: I never found out, because sadly tiredness/laziness won out every night!]

My cares of last week seem so far away. But they always drive down when I fly, so they get here later.

JoCo: “This is the last song.”
Crowd: “Awwww!”
JoCo: “We've got all week together!”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was great spending time with you again too! Now that I'm going back and reading your blog posts, I'm starting to feel homesick! :(