Saturday, April 6, 2013

JCCC3 Cruise Journal / Day 0


When I got back from my vacation two months ago, I wanted to write up my experiences and share my journal right away. But I got sick and life sucked me back in and I wasn't able to overcome that and get back to it. Until now. Posted in real-time fashion, I hope you enjoy reliving JCCC3 with me two months after the fact.

--------
Day 0 (Cruise departs tomorrow; Took a plane to Florida today.)

[Vacation officially begins with the following tweet:]


[Sometimes you have to journal in bullet points because you're so tired that you can't think in complete sentences.]
  • At hotel: Cobblestone sidewalks + rolling suitcases = :(
  • Not sure when to give out those business cards I made [see below]. Should have brought a small book for gathering other people's information, too.
  • Thought I had a thought about “meeting people strategies”, but I can't remember. :(


[Also of note, during a terrible and terribly slow dinner at the hotel restaurant, my sister and I started chatting with a friendly couple at the next table, Matt and Laura. After my brain nudged me for a while, I finally say to Matt “You look so familiar...” and he says, “Did we meet at that JoCo Concert in Ann Arbor?” Yes! They turned out to be really cool, and we enjoyed spending time with them over the next week.]

3 comments:

Jessica said...

If I had it to do over, I would endure that ridiculous dinner experience every time just to (re-)meet Matt and Laura! :)

Mike H. said...

I need a business card so I can be like "here" and it will say "Mike, play board games with him" and then later i'll get a gmail

Rachel Dull said...

Mike-- You should! That would be fun and random.