Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hulsehorror: Behind the Scenes

Karen's horror-movie birthday party was lots of fun! As I mentioned, my acting resume isn't that robust, and I was shocked to find how hard it is to memorize lines and deliver them naturally (and without looking at the camera!). That 30 Rock episode where Jack is trying to act and says "What do I do with my hands?" makes so much more sense now! When it came time to film my lines, I completely failed to say anything intelligible the first three times we ran the scene. I think I played dead pretty well, at least. Joy made very believable choking noises for her death scene, but as I was dead in the foreground, I couldn't watch! I can't wait to see how Karen edits it all together.

Please enjoy this behind-the-scenes sneak-peek at Karen, Mike, and Andrew preparing a scene filmed by Dead Tim while Dead Matt and Dead Ryan play Yahtzee Free For All; Dead McLaine, Dead Joy, and Dead Mer play on their cell phones; and soon-to-be Dead Ciara hides out of shot in the foliage.  Not pictured: dead-tired Dead Brad.