Saturday, January 25, 2014

Survival

It can be an incredibly hard time even when there isn't any one big thing going terribly wrong. Sometimes a handful of smaller challenges, annoyances, and frustrations pile up enough to make it feel incredibly hard. You can even have moderately good things happening right along side the hard, and it will still feel like a difficult time. And sometimes you can't let yourself cry about it because the excess of phlegm in your nose and throat leftover from being sick a month ago makes you gag and puke when you cry, so it's really best to put the kibosh on the crying after only 1 or 2 tissues, max.

So I will try to remember:
  • Spring will come, if I survive the winter.
  • It's always darkest before the dawn.
  • That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Diana Ross may be singing about a breakup, but there's a lot of universally useful advice in her chorus: "I will survive, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive. I've got all my life to live, and I've got all my love to give, I'll survive, I will survive."

Hey hey.

No comments: