Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The One Where Rachel Blogs About Friends

I've been wanting to write a blog post about friends, but I just can't do it. I've started so many times, but the topic is too broad, and each of you are so unique and special, I cannot begin to generalize. There are so many facets to your personalities that make you unbinnable and uncategorizable; it's driving Left Brain nuts. I thought maybe I could narrow down the topic to just "making new friends", but again, the tales of our meetings are so diverse that I cannot boil down their story essence to any tractable number of scenarios. I'd want to tell about each and every one of you, and how our personalities oppose and compliment, and how that got us to where we are now. And it would be so long. And I'd lose all of you because you would find out how much I over-analyze our relationships and think about you when we're apart. You'd be creeped out.

But I will say this: Sometimes the beauty of your individual souls swells my heart to bursting with love for you. If I didn't know you, I wouldn't know this love, and I certainly wouldn't know or like me. Yours are the smiles and laughs (and ideas and stories and hugs...) that encourage my soul, and yours is the company in which I've had the most fun of my life. If I ever said I loved you, I still do. And if I haven't said it, it's just because I haven't become acquainted with your soul yet. I've never really met a soul I didn't love.

No comments: