Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy Birthday: The Movie, a Hulsehorror Production

For those of you on the side of the Venn diagram that read my blog but not Karen's, here is the movie I mentioned that my friends and I helped Karen make for her birthday almost a year ago! Karen wrote us a wonderful script with parodies of ourselves to play, and ironically subjected us to a fair amount of Creed and Nickelback, because that is what would be played at the worst birthday party ever.

When I watch the video, I am surprised that there was actually a take where I got my lines out without too much stumbling or looking directly into the camera. My previous, rather limited, acting experience was all on the stage, so this camera business was completely new. I had no idea the siren song of the camera's eye!

Even though it's filled with all kinds of inside jokes about Joy's hair color(s), Brad and Ciara's impending nuptials, and Andrew's love of baseball, I hope if you watch it you will enjoy the clever jokes and brilliant one-liners Karen wrote in. Or at least my incredible acting during my [SPOILER ALERT!] death scene:



Now jump over to Karen's blog to see the amazing Halloween costume that she wore to the movie premiere and watch the outtakes reel. Or to view the cutest Margot Tenenbaum you'll ever see!

1 comment:

my name is karen. said...

i love it! thanks for the shout out :) and you guys were awesome in the movie!

-k